AND SPEAKING OF HOARDING....



What does it mean that I am still wearing my young son's first bathing suit shirt with the fishies on it? It says "Oversized Fit," but the manufacturer would probably be surprised to see it being worn three decades after purchase by a kid's 68-year-old mother. 



BTW, she's still wearing his adult cast-offs for gardening, not to mention her own deceased father's socks.

But fortunately I married a non-harder and I am proud to have raised a non-hoarder, so maybe there's hope for me. 

On the other hand, it's pretty clear that my precious relics will go down with me. As I write this, I'm wearing a favorite (hand-dyed by me) flapper-style nightie from a tie-dye party we had circa 1969. That supremely comfortable nightgown, once a pallid yellow, is now a much more spritely mauve embellished with fuchsia and purple snowflake-like patterns that will never go out of style. Never mind that I keep having to re-sew a tear in the seam. We are in this for the long haul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO SAYS THAT LIFE IN THE COUNTRY IS BORING? WHAT’S THAT GIGANTIC CREATURE ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR?🙀

HOW IT ALL STARTED

A HOARDER? MOI?